Wednesday, June 21, 2017

You, Me and Old Letters

As Yahoo! went down, I decided to check on my old conversation in Y! Mail. Then I arrived there, to the folders created to save all of the letters from you. I was young and pure and innocent when I wrote them all. Oh Gosh, it has been very long time. More than ten years ago when we first started writing letters to each other.

By the way, I'm listening to The Cranberries songs right now. One of your favourite musicians of all time. Hey, do you still love them? I mean, you have grown up and I notice some changes in you. I wonder if you're still into The Cranberries.

You know, life is funny sometimes. It seems like yesterday, you were waiting for me going home from the mosque during Ramadhan, in front of your computer. And then we chatted all night long. Like nothing bad happened while a lot of unfortunate events were going in my life. But at least I had you that time, to comfort me. Now here I am, in a very far away place from you. Just finished my Tarawih, decided to open Skype and you are not there. You know, when life gets rough, sometimes I want to write a letter to you. Like I used to do before. But this time, everything is different between us. You have found someone, and I'm on my way to do the same thing.

Hi Dear, I convince myself that I've moved on. I know I have. But it doesn't mean I don't wanna see you anymore. I wish one day I can meet you again, and we can be best friends then.

Right now, I keep the old letters we used to write to each other. Smile and wish us all the best in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment