Thursday, August 9, 2012

Life Lesson Today

There was a part of me that I miss and this is how I cared about other people. Lately I become very selfish. I've spent a lot of money for shopping instead of donate it to people who less lucky than I am. I keep complain to God about my life while it is perfect for most other people. Years ago, in my darkest age, I wished for things and I have them all today. I had no money that day but I was a caring person and not the selfish one like who I am now. Yes, I can buy everything I want but I feel empty inside. I keep blaming God for not giving me better job without I realize how lucky I am, actually. This Ramadhan, I want to be a better person who is not selfish anymore. Inside me, there is the spirit of young girl but it doesn't mean I shouldn't care about other people. I wish I will get a better job so I can do something to make other people's life better.

What did make me think that way? I met some orphans and someone who has disability but he still works. They make me feel ashamed for who I am. How they struggle with their hard life makes me feel like the worst person on the earth. I eat delicious foods everyday, sleeping in the comfortable bed every night, I have parents who love me and I can make my own money. Those things don't make me feel satisfied but at least, I have to thank God for everything I have, right?

Dear Allah, thanks for the life lessons you gave me today. Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am with all your bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment